- 100% solid, colored polyurethane resin, with high fluidity and covering power, which once dry forms a coating with high surface hardness, continuous, completely adhered to the substrate and with great adhesion, without joints or overlaps and easy to clean and maintain.
- Solvent-free, odorless (100% solids). Do not add water or solvent in any case
- It has obtained the highest A+ classification according to the ISO 16000 standard (Air emissions) for emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- The application must be carried out on firm, resistant supports, and in conditions of no presence of moisture in the substrate or water from the substrate or backsplash, either at the time of application or afterward (pressure from the water table...). In the case of existing humidity in the substrate at the time of application, consult the technical data sheets of our primers where the ranges of resistance to humidity are specified.
- The final product is made by mixing the two components delivered in the kit. In case of making applications with partial mixture of both components, respect the mixing ratio at all times so that the final product obtains the best product conditions.
- Use the same batch of product in each area of application to avoid the minimum and possible color change
Metallic pail kit, in two different formats:
- LARGE KIT:19,5 kg + 5,5 kg
- SMALL KIT: 3,9 kg+1,1 kg
12 months at temperatures between 5° C and 35° C (41 ºF to 95 ºF), provided it is stored in a dry place. Once the tin has been opened, the product must be used.
These are the steps for the correct mixing of both components:
- open pails of both components and homogenize each one by mixing equipment at medium speed
- pour component B into the container of component A
- mix using electric mixing equipment at medium speed, until a homogeneous product is obtained
- in case of doubt, apply in a limited area to check
The following factors prior to application should be checked:
- previous preparation of the substrate according to its type
- detail work (upsands,drains/evacuations, expansion or structural joints)
- general cleaning of the substrate, removing existing dust, dirt, grease, or efflorescence
Cement or concrete substrates
- the concrete must be completely cured (the curing process is 28 days), or in any case, it is necessary to check the maximum degree of moisture permittivity of the substrate depending on the primer to be used
- previous preparations of the substrate through physical processes (substrate preparation (sanding, polishing, shot blasting, or milling) for laitance and reliease agents as well as for the opening of the surface pore, achieving a suitable anchorage profile. (CSP 3 -4-5, according to the ICRI)
- existing holes or areas with a lack of material must be repaired using some or our epoxy resins: Primer EP-1020/Primer EP-1010
- joint fillings with Mastic PU
- in existing dilatations joints: remove old material, clean, and fill with Mastic PU. Use also Tecnoband 100 to cover, if necessary.
- joint filling for installation, work and consolidation of surfaces.
- general cleaning of the substrate, removing existing dust, dirt, grease or efflorescence. The substrates must be resistant and cohesive.
NOTE: For other types of supports, weather conditions or the substrate to be applied, consult our technical department.
- Apply a first layer of the resin by brush, short-haired roller. Consumption approx.: 275-300 g/m²
- Wait for its total drying
- Apply a second coat. For the application, a brush or short-haired roller can be used. Consumption approx.: 275-300 g/sqm
- On very absorbent supports or for very light colors, it may be necessary to apply a third layer of resin.
- This system provides a non-slip surface to give the coating a slip resistance level of >45 (Class 3).
- Apply a first coat of the resin by brush, short-haired roller. Consumption approx.: 300 g/sqm
- Wait for its total drying
- Sprinkle the surface with aggregates (Silica Sand) until saturation.
- Once hardened, the remaining aggregate must be removed by sweeping.
- Lightly sand the surface and then vacuum the residues generated.
- Apply a second coat of the resin by brush, short-haired roller. Consumption approx.: 300 g/sqm
- In this type of application is possible to mix graded clean and dry quartz sand 0,1~0,5 mm. In mixing ratio of ±1:0.7 or ±1:1 depending on the temperature and desired workability
- Pour the resin on the substrate, then distributing it with a notched trowel with which you can control thickness and required yield
- Once past 20 minutes is necessary to pass a spiked roller with which the air outlet will facilitate within the material
- The total minimum recommended yield is more or less 1,80.kg/sqm/mm (pure material), depending on the degree of roughness of the substrate.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
These safety recommendations for handling, are necessary for the implementation process as well as in the pre and post, on exposure to the loading machinery.
- Respiratory Protection: When handling or spraying use an air-purifying respirator.
- Skin protection: Use rubber gloves, remove immediately after contamination. Wear clean body-covering. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after work and before eating, drinking or smoking.
- Eye / Face: Wear safety goggles to prevent splashing and exposure to particles in the air.
- Waste generation should be avoided or minimized. Incinerate under controlled conditions in accordance with local laws and national regulations.
Anyway, consult the material and safety data sheet of the product (MSDS), or contact our technical department.
The following products can be applied as complements to their use. In this way, its physical-mechanical characteristics are protected and improved depending on its exposure, desired finish, or type of substrate:
- PRIMER EP-1010: epoxy resin with charges for filling existing holes in concrete or ceramic surfaces, to be applied in a single coat
- PRIMER EP-1020: epoxy resin to apply on concrete or ceramic substrates, improving adherence, absorbing substrate moisture, and regularizing the planimetry of the substrate.
- PRIMER PU-1050/PUc-1050: solvent-free polyurethane resin to apply on concrete, improving adherence, absorbing substrate moisture, and regularizing the planimetry of the substrate.
- PRIMER EP-1040: epoxy resin to apply on metal or ceramic substrates, improving adherence, absorbing substrate moisture, and regularizing the planimetry of the substrate
- PRIMER EPw-1070: water-based epoxy resin to apply on concrete, asphalt, metal, or ceramic substrates, absorbing substrate moisture and regularizing the planimetry of the substrate.
- PRIMER WET: epoxy resin to apply on very wet concrete or ceramic substrates, improving adherence, absorbing substrate moisture, and regularizing the planimetry of the substrate.
- MASTIC PU: polyurethane mastic for filling joints (use together with Tecnoband 100 when necessary).
Density ISO 1675
|Viscosity ISO 2555
|Density comp. A/B ISO 1675
||±1,30 g/cm³ / ±1,10 g/cm³
|Viscosity comp. A/B ISO 2555
||2.000 - 2.500 cps / 600-700 cps
|Solid content ISO 1768
VOC content (volatile organic compounds) SCAQMD rule 1113
PASS: 14 g/l
|Tensile strength ISO 527-3
|Elongation at break ISO 527-3
|Hardness shore A at 7 days DIN 53.505
|Hardness shore D at 7 days DIN 53.505
|Antiskid UNE 41901:2017 EX
- PTV=47 (Class 3, external, wet surfaces as pools or wet rooms, slope more than 6%, including steps)
- multilayer application, surface spreading with Silica Sand ( 800-1000 g/sqm )
Ready to use: walkable/Traffic car
±24 hours / 7 days
|Substrate/environment application temperature range
||5 ºC ~ 35 ºC / 10 ºC ~ 30 ºC
Environment service temperature range
-40 ºC ~ 90 ºC
Results performed in the laboratory at 23ºC (73ºF) and 50% RH, under controllable conditions. These values may vary depending on the application, climatology, or substrate conditions.