TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO
TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO spray polyurethane foam system for thermal insulation is specifically formulated to apply foam with applied density around (±40~46 kg/m³). Its application has to be done by the specific reactor equipment. The blowing agent is HFO gas.
The polyurethane foam system TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO can be used in these situations:
- a complete and continuous system of thermal insulation in construction, industrial, farming or agricultural facilities.
- in applications where flat roofs, interior floor
- installations with floor heating system, all those with high compression needs on the surface
NOTE: For other applications/situations, please, consult our technical department
|applied density at 23ºC||40 ~ 46 kg/m³|
|initial thermal conductivity at 23ºC||0,022 W/m·K|
|stirring time at 23ºC||2 ~ 5 secs|
|gel time at 23ºC||3 ~ 5 secs|
|tack-free time at 23ºC||9 ~ 12 secs|
|close cell content||>95%(CCC4)|
|fire reaction||Euroclass E|
|mix ratio (vol.)||100/100|
|application method||spray equipment|
- TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO is a product with high insulating capacity, easy to apply to cover all surfaces
- the application and training are done by our spray equipment TC2049 (spray-equipment.tecnopolgroup.com) or similar
- it doesn't contain HCFC, HFC.
- the gas in the cells are HCFO-1233zd (E). This gas a has low rating GWP(=1)(Global Warming Potential)
- TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO system is 100% recyclable by mechanical means friendly to the environment
- it does not emit any substance to the environment once installed.
- the properties of this polyurethane foam system allow it to adhere to any surface such as concrete, ceramic, metal, polyurethane foam, wood, acrylic paints (checking the situation of areas recommended).
- the application of TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO is completely continuous, instead of the classic non-continuous thermal insulation material, saving any kind of union between applications, and providing an optimum thermal insulation surface with high thermal insulation parameters
- TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO is under European norm EN 14315-1:2013, thermal insulation products for buildings, in situ formed sprayed rigid polyurethane (PUR)
- it has CE mark on the basis of a declaration of performance DoP prepared in accordance with EU regulation 305/2011., available on www.tecnopolgroup.com
Metal drums of 250 kg for isocyanate side, and 230 kg for the polyol side
POLYOL COMPOUND: 3 months
ISOCYANATE COMPOUND: 6 months
Always store the drums before use at a temperature between 5 ºC and 35 ºC, always in dry areas, without the possibility of humidity entry, and without direct contact with the sun or sources of heat. Very low temperatures increase the viscosity of the polyol which makes it difficult to mix and apply, and in the isocyanate they can generate crystallisations, which can cause its mixing ratio to vary and the consequent internal problems in the mixing and application equipment.
Very high temperatures can modify polyols, causing loss of the blowing agent, increasing consumption and producing the swelling of the metallic drum. To avoid these last situations, it is recommended to let the drums rest for a while before use, in a cool and ventilated place.
In general, you should take the following factors:
- the application of polyurethane foam system TECNOFOAM G-2040 HFO should be performed under non-presence of moisture or water from the support stand on which to apply either at the time of application as a posteriori.
- the substrate must be clean and free of dust
- minimum recommended surface temperature: 5ªC
- in applications with high-temperature gradients, a vapor barrier is placed on the warm side of the insulation to prevent condensation
- perform successive layers of a thickness 2~3 cm each one
- wait to apply the second layer, until minimum temperature on the first layer 40-50ºC
- TECNOFOAM G-2040 adheres firmly to most common materials such as wood, plasterboard, steel, OSB, plywood, cement, inside masonry exterior plaster panels, and construction itself.
- not shrinkage after performing the expansion.
- reactivity times (in laboratory conditions):
- REACTING TIME: 3-5 seconds
- EXPANDING TIME: 9-12 seconds
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (spray equipment)
For the formation, it is necessary to mix the two initial liquid components, isocyanates and amines by our spray equipment TC2049 (spray-equipment.tecnopolgroup.com) or similar (proper maintenance and cleaning it is recommended). The general parameters for this material will be the following:
- Heater isocyanate temperature: ±40-45 ºC
- Heater amines temperature:±40-50ºC
- Hose temperature:±40-50ºC
- Pressure:1.700-2.000 psi
These temperature and pressure parameters have to be valued, ratified or be varied by the applicator, depending on the conditions of each climate zone, weather situation or as projection equipment specifications.
These safety recommendations for handling, are necessary for the implementation process as well as in the pre and post, on exposure to the loading machinery.
- Respiratory Protection: When handling or spraying use an air-purifying respirator.
- Skin protection: Use rubber gloves, remove immediately after contamination. Wear clean body-covering. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after work and before eating, drinking or smoking.
- Eye / Face: Wear safety goggles to prevent splashing and exposure to particles in the air.
- Waste: Waste generation should be avoided or minimized.
- Incinerate under controlled conditions in accordance with local laws and national regulations.
Anyway, consult the material and safety data sheet of the product.
The TECNOFOAM system may be complemented with the following products as a means of protection or to improve its physical-mechanical properties depending on its exposure, the desired finish or the type of substrate.
TECNOCOAT 2049 LV: pure low viscosity polyurea. Approximate consumption 1,5 kg/m²
DESMOPOL: single component polyurethane membrane for waterproof. Approximate consumption 1,5 ~ 2 kg/m²
TECNOTOP 1C/2C: colored aliphatic resin used to protect against UV rays, to use after DESMOPOL or TECNOCOAT membranes
Nº OH DIN 53240-2
Viscosity at 25ºC BROOKFIELD VISCOSIMETER
Water content ISO 14897
NCO content ISO 14896
Specific weight at 25ºC
|1,14 g/cm³||1,23 g/cm³|
APPLIED SYSTEM CHARACTERISTICS (REACTION)
|Stirring time at 20ºC||2 ~5 seg|
Gel time at 20ºC
3 ~5 seg
Tack free time at 20ºC
9 ~12 seg
Density free rise at 20ºC
32 ~36 kg/m³
Close cell content ASTM 2856
|Compressive strength||>300 KPa|
Aged thermal conductivity value at 23ºC EN-12667
|Fire reaction EN-13501||Euroclass E|
To obtain more information, consult the full document Declaration of Performances of the particular system (consult our technical department).