DESMOPLUS is an additive which gives to the single component polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL several properties to facilitate its application in one layer without bubbles inside, improve their physical and mechanical properties, and gives a fast dry time. It is suitable for the application of DESMOPOL polyurethane membrane in low temperature conditions or adverse weather conditions.
- Allows the application of DESMOPOL in one layer at a desired thickness (e.g. 2mm). Avoiding the application of several layers with intermediate drying times
- Elimination of bubbles and other defects in the membrane of DESMOPOL applied in one layer
- It increases the solid membrane's tensile strength
- Initial dry of the mix is around 30 minutes
- The dry time process of the Desmopol membrane reduces to 1~3 hours
2 l per 25 kg of DESMOPOL
1 l per 15 kg of DESMOPOL
0,5 l per 6 kg of DESMOPOL
|density at 23ºC||0,95 g/cm³|
|mixing ratio with Desmopol (weight)||1:0,08|
|VOC content||804,3 g/l|
- It allows the application of thick DESMOPOL. This represents a saving of execution time
- Eliminates the formation of air inside(bubbles) the membrane or other defects on the cured membrane
- Reduces drying and curing times on polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL, especially in winter, cold weather, low humidity.
- Improves and increases the mechanical properties of the polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL.
- Cleaning materials with solvent DESMOSOLVENT.
- Do not use any kind of spray machine, to apply polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL when mixed with DESMOPLUS.
- Approx. density: 0,95 g/cm³
The performances of this product, depending on the DESMOPOL format, the next ones:
- 2l. (1,7 kg) of each 25 kg. of DESMOPOL
- 1l. of each 15 kg. of DESMOPOL
- 0,5 l. (0,430 kg) of each 6 kg. of DESMOPOL.
NOTE: this fixed performances, cannot be varied, either by excess or by defect, otherwise the membrane will not form in the appropriate conditions of use. During the mixing, use a mechanical equipment at medium speed to avoid the inclusion of air bubbles inside.
Metal tins in three different formats:
#1:2 l (1,7 kg), to mix with the 25 kg packaging of Desmopol
#2: 1l (1 kg), to mix with the 15 kg packaging of Desmopol
#3:0,5 l (0,430 kg), to mix with the 6 kg packaging of Desmopol
12 months at temperatures between 5° C and 35° C, provided it is stored in a dry place. Once the tin has been opened, the product must be used immediately.
You should consider the following factors:
- One metal tin of 2l. (1.7 kg) is the needed amount required for optimal response, making the mixture with 25 kg of DESMOPOL.
- One metal tin of 1l. is the needed amount required for optimal response, making the mixture with 15 kg of DESMOPOL.
- One metal tin of 0,5l. (0,430 kg) is the needed amount required for optimal response, making the mixture with 6 kg of DESMOPOL.
- Shake DESMOPLUS layer, before the mixing procedure
- Incorporate DESMOPLUS into the polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL metal tin, and homogenize with an electric/mechanical mixer to avoid air entrainment.
- The pot life is 20 minutes more or less.
- Pour the material on the surface, sharing with a notched trowel to get the desired thickness (You can also do this with roll or rubber lip)
- Wait for drying.
These safety recommendations for handling, are necessary for the implementation process as well as in the pre and post, on exposure to the loading machinery.
- Respiratory Protection: When handling or spraying use an air-purifying respirator.
- Skin protection: Use rubber gloves, remove immediately after contamination. Wear clean body-covering. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after work and before eating, drinking or smoking.
- Eye / Face: Wear safety goggles to prevent splashing and exposure to particles in the air.
- Waste generation should be avoided or minimized. Incinerate under controlled conditions in accordance with local laws and national regulations.
Anyway, consult the material and safety data sheet of the product (MSDS), or contact our technical department.
DESMOPOL PU MEMBRANE PROPERTIES with/without DESMOPLUS
Pot life at 23 ºC
Tensile strength at 23ºC ISO 325-3
Membrane dry time at 23 ºC