Learn more about how some major projects were completed using our systems.
BANC DE SABADELL - Ampliaci
E X E C U T I O N D E S C R I P T I O N
Waterproofing of concrete slabs, before the completion of green roofs, all located at the ground floor for the extension of headquarters of Bank Sabadell.
Approximately 8,000 m2 have been waterproofed with Tecnocoat P-2049, continuous membrane of polyurea 100% pure, and applied to slabs and walls of reinforced concrete.
The application area consists of large areas complemented by walls of reinforced concrete topped metal sections forming the various parks. The final design was completed in soil and vegetation, following a horticulture project, with circular skylights made of reinforced concrete, structural expansion joints, and also with drains for water collection.
- Milling of the surface: surfacing of the concrete slab, to obtain a high adhesion of the system and reducing at zero the accumulation of air and therefore the appearance of bubbles or craters in the surface once the membrane is applied.
- General Cleaning: removing with vacuum of dust, dirt and other material generated during earlier work and that may prevent optimal adhesion to the substrate.
- Realization of half-cylinder mortar: in this application, it was important to ensure continuity of the waterproofing system Tecnocoat P-2049 in all encounters of the zones with vertical walls, and get good support for vertical membrane. Thus, a perfect continuity is ensured on the sharp points, which in the long term because of possible movements of the structure, which can damage the membrane.
- This work was done on the intersections with the walls, skylights and other existing elements. In this way the membrane Tecnocoat P-2049 requires no assembly or reinforcement extra systems.
- Preparation of existing joints: joints on existing slabs and perimeter walls were prepared using our Desmopol PU elastic sealant(mastic), to achieve a perfect flexibility and prevent breakage due during possible excessive movement of the concrete structure ..
- Primer Tecnocoat Primer PU: applied with a roller over the entire surface, improves the adhesion of the existing support and avoid the presence of trapped air.
- Membrane Tecnocoat P-2049: Tecnocoat polyurea membrane 100% pure, continuous and fully bonded to the support, is applied by spraying equipment as graco E-XP2, by an instantly control of mixture, temperature and pressure of the liquid components. It is applied directly on the primer, in many continuous layers until the thickness required by our document ETA 11/0357.
- Excellent sealing at intersections with walls of reinforced concrete.
- Complete protection for metal profiles at the top between the walls.
- Total continnuity of the waterproofing membrane in all aspects of the area to be waterproofed, taking into consideration the details of construction.
- High resistance to abrasion and punching,.
- Secure and safety - the tightness of the green roof, with a high protection due to compliance with the load capacity to support specified in the ETA.
- Similarly, their qualification for use on roofs with S1-S4 classification of slope (inclination), as evidenced by ETA 11/0357.