DESMOPLUS is an additive that gives to the single component polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB several properties to facilitate its application in one layer without bubbles inside, improve their physical and mechanical properties, and gives a fast dry time. It is suitable for the application of polyurethane membranes in low-temperature conditions or adverse weather conditions.
Main uses of DESMOPLUS:
- Allows the application of DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB in one layer at a desired thickness (e.g. 2 mm). Avoiding the application of several layers with intermediate drying times
- Elimination of bubbles and other defects in the membrane of DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB applied in one layer
- It increases the solid membrane's tensile strength
- The initial dry of the mix is around 30 minutes, very helpful in case of rainy weather.
- The dry time process of the Desmopol membrane is 1~3 hours
NOTE: call our technical department about the application to other supports or situations
|fixed consumption (per weight)||68 g/kg of PU membrane|
|fixed consumption (per volume)||80 ml/kg of PU membrane|
|mixing ratio with Desmopol||1:0,068(weight) / 1:0,080(volume)|
- It allows the application of thick DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB. This represents a saving of execution time
- Eliminates the formation of air inside(bubbles) the membrane or other defects on the cured membrane
- Reduces drying and curing times on polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB, especially in winter, cold weather, low humidity.
- Improves and increases the mechanical properties of the polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB.
- Cleaning materials with solvent DESMOSOLVENT.
- Do not use any kind of spray machine, to apply polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB when mixed with DESMOPLUS.
The performances of this product, depending on the DESMOPOL format, the next ones:
- 2l. (1,7 kg) of each 25 kg. of DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB
- 1,2l (1 kg). of each 15 kg. of DESMOPOL
- 0,5 l. (0,43 kg) of each 6 kg. of DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB
NOTE: these performances, cannot be varied, either by excess or by defect, otherwise the membrane will not form in the appropriate conditions of use. During the mixing, use mechanical equipment at medium speed to avoid the inclusion of air bubbles inside.
Metal tins in three different formats:
- 2 l (1,7 kg)
- 1,2l (1 kg)
- 0,5 l (0,430 kg)
12 months at temperatures between 5° C and 35° C, provided it is stored in a dry place. Once the tin has been opened, the product must be used immediately.
You should consider the following factors:
- One metal tin of 2l. (1.7 kg) is the needed amount required for optimal response, making the mixture with 25 kg of DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB
- One metal tin of 1,2l.(1 kg) is the needed amount required for optimal response, making the mixture with 15 kg of DESMOPOL.
- One metal tin of 0,5l. (0,430 kg) is the needed amount required for optimal response, making the mixture with 6 kg of DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB
- Shake DESMOPLUS layer, before the mixing procedure
- Incorporate DESMOPLUS into the polyurethane membrane DESMOPOL/ DESMOPOL CB metal tin, wait for 3-4 minutes, and homogenize with an electric/mechanical mixer to avoid air entrainment and wait for 3-4 minutes. Check on the DESMOPOL' TDS the point "APPLICATION TYPOLOGIES", section "Single coat application (mixing DESMOPLUS).
- The pot life is 20 minutes more or less.
- Pour the material on the surface, sharing with a notched trowel to get the desired thickness (You can also do this with roll or rubber lip)
- Wait for drying time, which is 1 to 3 hours (Results have been performed in the laboratory at 23ºC and 50% RH, under controllable conditions. These values may vary depending on the application, climatology, or substrate conditions.)
- On high ambient temperatures situation, open the DESMOPOL / DESMOPOL CB drums, proceed with a low-speed agitation to stir resin to try to refresh the temperature, in order to don't increase the chemical speed reaction and therefore maintain the time of ".pot life "
HEALTH AND SAFETY
These safety recommendations for handling, are necessary for the implementation process as well as in the pre and post, on exposure to the loading machinery.
- Respiratory Protection: When handling or spraying use an air-purifying respirator.
- Skin protection: Use rubber gloves, remove immediately after contamination. Wear clean body-covering. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after work and before eating, drinking, or smoking.
- Eye / Face: Wear safety goggles to prevent splashing and exposure to particles in the air.
- Waste generation should be avoided or minimized. Incinerate under controlled conditions in accordance with local laws and national regulations.
Anyway, consult the material and safety data sheet of the product (MSDS), or contact our technical department.