DESMOTHIX it’s a polymeric thickener, it has been developed especially as a liquid additive for the polyurethane liquid membranes DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB, to use on vertical or sloped surfaces, giving thixotropic properties.
Main uses for DESMOTHIX:
- Additive for the membranes DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB, to apply on vertical or sloped surfaces
- Prevent fall of the membrane due to its drying time
|maximum consumption||40 ml per 1 kg of DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB|
|recommended consumption||20 ml per 1 kg of DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB|
- add DESMOTHIX in the proportion needed (maximum 1 liter per 25 kg of DESMOPOL / DESMOPOL CB).
- the mixing ratio is relative to the job site situation
- We recommend to add initially 20 ml/kg of the PU membrane and check it. If necessary and/or if it were deemed convenient, add more additive up to a maximum of 40 ml/kg de PU membrane.
- mixing continued until a homogeneous product
- apply the mixture by short hair roll
- if the environmental temperature is lower than 5ºC, warm lightly before mixing with DESMOPOL/DESMOPOL CB
12 months at temperatures between 5°C and 35°C, provided it is stored in a dry place
Metal tins of 1l.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
These safety recommendations for handling, are necessary for the implementation process as well as in the pre and post, on exposure to the loading machinery.
- Respiratory Protection: When handling or spraying use an air-purifying respirator.
- Skin protection: Use rubber gloves, remove immediately after contamination. Wear clean body-covering. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after work and before eating, drinking, or smoking.
- Eye / Face: Wear safety goggles to prevent splashing and exposure to particles in the air.
- Waste generation should be avoided or minimized. Incinerate under controlled conditions in accordance with local laws and national regulations.
Anyway, consult the material and safety data sheet of the product (MSDS), or contact our technical department
Density ISO 1675
Solids content ISO 1768
|Viscosity ISO 2555||20~50 cps|
Results performed in the laboratory at 23ºC and 50% RH, under controllable conditions. These values may vary depending on the application, climatology, or substrate conditions.